Changoo & Associates Projects & Infrastructure Network serves investors—including infrastructure funds, pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, banks, development banks, national infrastructure banks, and high-net-worth individuals—throughout the life cycle of an investment. Working closely with colleagues in complementary practices, such as Corporate Finance and Private Equity, our global network of consultants brings deep expertise and innovative analytical tools to each project. Our CP&I supports clients on the following topics:
- Portfolio strategy. Our global presence enables us to help clients analyze the risk-adjusted attractiveness of specific geographies, asset classes, and deal types and evaluate the impact of potential opportunities. To ensure the long-term health of the portfolio, we measure opportunities against investor capabilities, risk appetite, and existing portfolio contents. We support clients in assessing possible partners and developing market-entry strategies.
- Financing strategy. By applying a systematic approach, we help assess the full range of private and public options for funding infrastructure assets. Our proprietary models enable us to identify risk, advise on pricing, and assess risk mitigation approaches and their implications on financing strategy. We also help clients directly link their corporate and business unit strategies to their various financing strategies. Finally, by leveraging C&A’s vast network, we can facilitate connections to alternative sources of capital for our clients’ infrastructure projects.
- Due diligence and transactions. In collaboration with our colleagues from the Corporate Finance practice, we identify and assess investment opportunities that are consistent with our client’s broader strategic objectives. We help clients understand the potential for value creation, including opportunities to improve an asset’s cost position, operating performance, capital project execution, regulatory management and—if possible—opportunities for revenue growth. To support the formation of strong joint ventures, consortiums, and special purpose entities, we advise client on structure, negotiations, and implementation.
- Performance transformation. By applying design-to-value, or DTV, strategic sourcing, general and administrative benchmarking, lean operations and maintenance practices, and capital project optimization, we help clients improve the operations and overall economics of their assets. We support clients in restructuring and righting delayed and costly capital projects. Our knowledge of key functional topics, such as procurement, supply chain management, risk, and regulation, helps us advise on specialty areas and subcontractor negotiations.
- Public-private partnerships. We serve both private and public entities on PPP financing, origination, development, operations, and stakeholder and regulatory management. We support private investors in the following activities: analyzing the value of infrastructure opportunities and PPPs, structuring and securing economically-sound bids, effectively and efficiently operating assets to generate value, and managing stakeholders and regulators to bolster long-term collaborative relationships. To ensure PPP projects also deliver economic and social benefits to the public, we draw on extensive client service in the public sector and our understanding of the challenges facing strained government agencies. We assist public entities in framing the case for PPP participation, developing the economic model and risk transfer solution for PPPs, managing PPPs and their various stakeholders, designing and staffing government units to review and manage PPPs, and optimizing the PPP process. Whether serving the public or private sector, we work closely with our clients to build their skills to evaluate and manage PPPs.